Catch the Action in the Built Environment of our Bustling City
On the Horizon
Upcoming DFI Events
Arts & Entertainment
Policy Initiatives & Public Art
Downtown Framingham Business Coalition
Shamrock Stroll Winners
Small Business Updates
It's official! Downtown Framingham, Inc. has been selected as Mutual One's 2018 Checking for Charity. MutualOne will donate $10 to Downtown Framingham, Inc. with the opening of each new personal or business checking account. We're thrilled to receive this unique honor from our long-standing community partner that has committed to supporting our ongoing placemaking and public arts projects along with business-based events.
Popular artists every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!
Policies and Projects
> Sidewalk Activation
- Determine pre-approved seating locations with CAD files and detailed photography; determine approved uses for these sidewalk locations. April 2018.Thank you Carlo Vilcapoma Photography for supporting us! - Work with City Solicitor to finalize legal code. May 2018.
- Amend permits and licenses to implement sidewalk activation. June 2018.
> Public Art
- DFI Public Design Sub-Committee determined finalists for two downtown walls (196 Concord Street and 183 Concord Street). March 2018.
- Received approval for mural renderings from Building Commissioner. March 2018. - Submitted mural renderings to property owners for final decision. April 2018.
- Announce mural winners. April 2018.
- Formulate questionnaire for Lokerville neighborhood with translations in Portuguese and Spanish. March 2018. Thank you MAPA Translations! - Mail questionnaire and release online survey. April 2018. - Determine block leaders and share results. June 2018.
- Hold Butterworth Park Block Party on September 8th from 3 pm - 7 pm to support downtown businesses and demonstrate a tight-knit community that welcomes new residents.
- Completed Depot 417 consultation with the Assistant Manager and General Manger, assessing menu options, entertainment, business hours, and return on assets. We're excited to help deliver tangible results. Thank you to Board Director Tiago Prado, CEO of BRZ Insurance, for advising this business plan.
- 90 percent complete with the Congress Insurance Agency consultation after meeting with the Owner to assess foot traffic, marketing, and client retention before this cornerstone business moves to its new location. Thank you to Board Director Sumbul Naqvi, owner of Atlantis Dental, for providing a great review of this business plan.
- 75 percent complete with the Sofa Cafe consultation after meeting with the General Manger to assess entertainment, consumer niche, and product collaborations. We're excited to help deliver tangible results. Thank you to Board Director Tiago Prado, CEO of BRZ Insurance, who will next advise this business plan.
- 75 percent complete with the RR6 Kitchen and Bar consultation after meeting with the Owner to assess product and service differentiation, marketing, parking, and programming. We're excited to help deliver tangible results. Thank you to Board Director Tiago Prado, CEO of BRZ Insurance, who will next advise this business plan.
Board Director Dr. Dale Hamel Receives
On March 15, Board Director Dr. Dale Hamel received the Downtown Framingham, Inc. Legend Award for his commitment to building a prosperous and vibrant downtown. As an Executive Vice President at Framingham State University, he supported the downtown's first large mural and connected DFI to the bountiful resources available at Framingham State University. We're excited to retain Dr. Hamel as an ex-officio board director.
Shamrock Stroll Nets Record Crowd,
Elects Best Venue
More than 60 people participated in our sixth community stroll, the largest stroll crowd to date. The strollers participated in social games and voted for their favorite art pieces and best venue. Check out the winners here!
Downtown Framingham Celebrates
International Women's Day
Downtown Framingham was the best place to celebrate International Women's Day. Our businesses are run by so many driven and resourceful women from around the globe, which only enhances our area's vibrancy!
Forest Jubilee presented by the
Sudbury Valley Trustees
Downtown Framingham, Inc. was honored to accept an invitation to the Forest Jubilee that supports the Sudbury Valley Trustees. We partner closely with SVT to enhance our open spaces and bring attention to viable opportunites for green space enhancement, including the Pratt Street Garden.
> New Businesses
Alliance Jiu Jitsu Framingham
Owner Samuel Almeida welcomes all to his great new Jiu-Jitsu studio. His offerings are vast, including women's self-defense training, anti-bullying training, and family-oriented classes. Please stop by to see the heavy investments that produced a great studio!
Stop by Sbruzzi Bakery to enjoy the great internal enhancements in this cozy bakery. Located at 63 Hollis Street, it's a great place to go before or after work. It's open late enough to grab dessert before catching a concert at Tropical Cafe or Amazing Things Art Center, too!
> Business Enhancements
Bella Woodwork and Cabinetry
Owner Herlei de Moura is excited for everyone to see the hefty investments he has made through his savvy business model to enhance his floor space, as witnessed in these sparkling new upgrades. His early success has enabled future growth, the hallmark of a dynamic small business.
VTT Management in connection with its business tenants has improved the signage support facade on the historical Arcade Building. These changes enhance the built environment in our urban core.
The 1854 Cycling Company is a premium bicycle and apparel brand inspired by the burning of the US Constitution by abolitionists in protest of the Fugitive Slave Act in 1854. Proceeds from each item will be contributed to programs that will help end cycles of poverty among the formerly incarcerated.
Avidia Bank is committed to the concept of community banking. We proudly accept and fulfill our responsibilities as a corporate citizen by contributing to the well-being of the people and organizations around us.
As independent insurance agents, the professionals at BRZ Insurance are ready to help you protect your part of The American Dream. We're eager to show you the benefits you realize when you shop local and work with a local, independent insurance agency.
IPL & Equipment Inc. located in Framingham, Massachusetts has grown since 1998 from a specialty irrigation supply business to a wide selection of power equipment, landscape lighting, and pond supplies.
LaRueBoweRs Photography is unique and YOU. We strive to make sure every photo is one of a kind. I love watching my couples grow - from engagement to family and beyond. It's such a thrill to be able to capture each step of a client's life cycle.
Perfecting the art and science of payments! Michael P. Cannon & Associates provides specialized multi-disciplinary advisory and consulting services to multiple facets of the payments industry: acquirers, ISOs and the merchant community.
MutualOne Charitable Foundation is dedicated to enhancing the qualify of life in the Bank's market area through its ongoing support of charitable, educational, and civic initiatives that contribute to the overall well-being of the people and communities it serves.
RR6 Kitchen & Bar is a family restaurant offering the wonderful flavors of North, Central and South American cuisine with quality and great pricing. RR6 is best known for its delicious tacos, burritos and soups.
Together with our 2800 members and 200 volunteers, we conserve and care for over 4300 acres of fields, forests, and farms in the 36 communities surrounding the Assabet, Sudbury, and Concord Rivers. We maintain more than 55 miles of hiking trails.